Sticky Asian Chicken Recipe
Thirty minute dinners are popular for weekdays, especially with busy working moms. Here is a recipe that could be done in 30 minutes either by grilling or baking. With its colorful appearance and added sweetness this has the ability to become an instant hit with the kids. To save some more of your time and effort use cutlets instead of pounding a whole breast. Also use chicken chunks in the place of breast in this recipe to make great party appetizers.
- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice (optional)
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Take a baking sheet large enough to hold all the pieces at once; line it with an aluminum foil and coat with a non stick cooking spray.
Rinse the chicken under running water; dry off excess with paper towels. Working with one at a time place each chicken piece in a zip lock bag; flatten the thickest parts of the breast with the flat side of a meat mallet to even thickness. Arrange the pieces on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Set aside.
In a large bowl combine ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes with ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon ground ginger, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 3 tablespoons honey, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons white vinegar and 1 teaspoon lime juice. Whisk all the ingredients together until smooth. Taste it and adjust ingredients and quantities as you go.
Pour the sauce over chicken pieces on the baking sheet; bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes until chicken cooks through; check the doneness of chicken before taking it out by cutting a small piece with a fork tip or reading the internal temperature with a thermometer. Take the tray out when it’s done; transfer to a serving platter; garnish with thinly sliced green onions and sesame seeds if you like; serve hot with rice and steamed vegetables.
Make sauce with an extra batch of sauce ingredients to serve over the rice.
Notes & Tips:
- Any part of the chicken can be used in this recipe.
- For easy cleanup must use a foil in baking sheet.
- Brown sugar can be used as a replacement to the honey
- You can skip lime juice or replace with lemon/orange juice.
- Baking time depends on the thickness of the chicken.
- White vinegar can be replaced with apple cider vinegar, rice wine vinegar or white wine etc.