Mango Chutney Chicken Kebabs Recipe
Chutney often used as a spread or a dip to accompany several other main dishes; here this recipe uses an Indian inspired mango chutney as a marinade for the chicken to make the amazing kebabs; process is adaptable with other available chutney’s as well. play with it and make it your own.
- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 1 hr 5 mins (marinating time included)
- Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
Rinse chicken under running water; with the help of paper towels pat dry the excess. Using a sharp knife cut each chicken breast into 1-1 ½ inch pieces; or chop it up the way you prefer.
Make the marinade by mixing 1 jar mango chutney, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, 1 teaspoon ground mustard in a large bowl; stir to combine all the ingredients well.
To make it easy, prepare this one day before; cover with a lid and refrigerate until you are ready to use it.
Add chicken pieces to marinade; toss to coat well and refrigerate it for 30 minutes at least. Give it an overnight marinating for best results.
Preheat grill to high heat; lightly coat the grate with oil.
Take 7-8 preferred skewers; take marinated chicken out of fridge; discard the marinade; stick a skewer through the middle of each chicken piece; adjust the pieces together; distribute chicken evenly between the skewers.
Place skewers on the hot grill; cook for 10 minutes, flipping chicken after every 3 minutes until both sides browned and chicken cooked through.
Remove from the grill once done; slide them off the skewers to a serving platter; garnish with lemon wedges and onion rings; serve hot over a bed of savory rice accompanied by a bowl of salad.
Notes & Tips:
- Turkey will work well in this recipe.
- If you are using wooden skewers soak in water for 30 minutes before grilling.
- Any part of the chicken can be used for this recipe.
- For easy clean up use a zip lock bag to marinate chicken.
- Increase/decrease spices to suit your family spice profile.
- Grilling time varies according to the thickness of the chicken.
- For a variation add vegetables to the skewers along with the chicken.