Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
A simple combination of five ingredients results in this beautiful and delightful chicken. Apart from being easy and quick this dish also offers you all the flexibility you need to customize it. Try a new way to enjoy lemon & pepper combination with this recipe.
- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 35 minutes (marinating time included)
- Cooking time: 8 minutes
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves (chopped, optional)
- 1 lemon (thinly sliced for garnish, optional)
Rinse chicken under running water; with the help of paper towels pat dry the excess. Using a sharp knife cut each chicken breast into half lengthwise like cutlets.
In a medium bowl mix 1 teaspoon lemon pepper, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon lemon zest, 1 tablespoons olive oil. Stir to combine the ingredients.
Place the chicken in the mixture; using your hands apply the mixture all over the chicken; make sure to coat evenly. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat grill to high heat; lightly coat the grate with oil.
Take marinated chicken out of refrigerator. Place marinated chicken on the hot grill; cook for 7-8 minutes, flipping chicken once after 4 minutes until both sides browned and chicken cooked through.
Remove from the grill; arrange them on a serving platter; garnish with fresh parsley leaves and thin lime wedges. Serve hot with pasta or rice accompanied by green beans.
If you want to make the sauce, add ½ cup of low sodium chicken broth, ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper and a teaspoon of lemon juice to a saucepan over high flame; bring to a boil; adjust heat to medium. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes until liquid reduces a bit. Taste it and add seasonings if needed. Off the heat and add 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter; stir to melt the butter into sauce. Sprinkle a teaspoon of chopped fresh parsley leaves if you like. Pour over grilled chicken pieces and serve.
Notes & Tips:
- Any part of the chicken can be used in this recipe.
- For crispier touch use skin on chicken
- Grilling time varies according to the thickness of the chicken.
- If you don’t have lemon pepper use lemon and pepper together.
- For a variation use fish instead of chicken.
- To thicken the sauce mix ½ teaspoon of corn starch in 2 tablespoons of water. Add this mix to the sauce while stirring continuously. Let it cook until you get the desired consistency.