Grilled Buffalo wings Recipe
Get ready for the grilling season with this awesome chicken wings recipe which will be a delicious accompaniment to the football matches. Chicken takes the center stage in this dish and includes only a limited number of other ingredients to complement it; honey will be an excellent addition to improve the texture and taste of the sauce; make sure to keep it in the active ingredients list; try this recipe in the upcoming summer especially if you are a fan of grilling and wings; but pay close attention to wings while grilling as they are very quick to burn.
- Servings: 5-6
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt if needed
- ½ cup hot sauce
Preheat the grill to medium heat; lightly apply oil to the grate.
Clean the chicken wings under running water; Pat them dry with paper towels. Split the joints; separate them from drumsticks; remove the tips to make it easy to eat.
Sprinkle salt, garlic powder and crushed red pepper flakes over the wings; making sure to coat on all sides.
Arrange the coated wings on the hot grill; grill for 15 minutes turning the wings twice after every 5 minutes.
In the mean time melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat along with ½ cup hot sauce, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce and 1 tablespoon honey. Stir the ingredients well; bring to a boil; once boiling adjust the heat to low; cook for 2 minutes to get the desired consistency for the sauce; taste it once at this point; add salt and spices as needed. Remove from the heat; reserve third portion of the sauce for serving; set aside the remaining sauce until chicken is ready;
Once the chicken is ready, glaze the wings with prepared sauce using a brush and grill for another 5 minutes till chicken cooked through; transfer to a serving platter or bowl; serve wings with the reserved sauce or pour the sauce over wings, toss to coat and serve sticky wings as it is.
Notes & Tips:
- You can also bake the wings or deep fry them instead of grilling.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and thin lime wedges if you like.
- For variation squeeze half lemon juice over the wings just before serving.
- Worcestershire sauce can be replaced with soy sauce
- You can skip honey or use brown sugar in its place.
- Use your favorite type of hot sauce for this recipe.
- Grilling time depends on the thickness of the wings.