Chicken Noodles Recipe
This recipe is Chinese inspired light stir fry of chicken and vegetables with noodles. The strong flavors of ginger, garlic and soy sauce improves the overall taste and texture when used together in the dish; add Chile sauce if you like the noodles spicy. And an addition of oyster sauce gives it the authentic Chinese touch. The taste and impressive cooking time of this dish makes it hard to resist. Taste it once; you might come back again.
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium sized red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 pack noodles
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium is preferred)
- Chicken stock (optional)
Rinse chicken under running water; with the help of paper towels pat dry the excess. Using a sharp knife cut each chicken breast into bite size pieces.
Cook the noodles in the boiling water according to package directions; drain the water and set aside.
Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat; sauté ½ teaspoon minced garlic and ½ teaspoon grated ginger in the hot oil for 30 seconds until fragrant; add chicken pieces to the garlic in a single layer; cook for 3 minutes until golden brown.
Now add thinly sliced red bell pepper and green onions to the chicken; stir the ingredients together; cook for a minute until vegetables are tender.
Whisk 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and 4 tablespoons of chicken stock/water together in a small bowl; add the mixture to the chicken along with cooked noodles; toss all the ingredients to coat with the sauce; let it be on the heat for 2 more minutes;
Off the heat when it’s done; place it on the serving platters; garnish with few green onion slices if you like; serve hot.
Notes & Tips:
- You may use leftover or roisterer chicken for this recipe;
- For a variation use beef or shrimp instead of chicken
- You can substitute chicken with the egg or use both.
- Add as many vegetables as you like to make it healthy and colorful.
- Any part of the chicken can be used.