Cheese Chicken Wings Recipe
This mouth watering chicken wings crusted with cheese will become an attraction that everybody loves, especially children when served as an appetizer for small parties and gatherings; unlike the traditional chicken wings this recipe does not have any sweet flavors in it. Cheese quantity can be adjusted depending on how cheesy you like.
- Servings: 2-3
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound chicken wings
- ½ cup Italian style bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley leaves
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a foil lined baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
Clean the chicken wings under running water; Pat them dry with paper towels. Split the joints; separate them from drumsticks; remove the tips to make it more convenient to eat.
Combine ½ cup Italian style bread crumbs in another bowl with ½ teaspoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, ¼ teaspoon black pepper and ½ cup grated parmesan cheese. Season it with salt if needed. Stir the ingredients to mix well.
Take 2 tablespoons of melted butter in a large bowl; add wings to the bowl; make sure to coat all the wings with butter.
Working with one at a time, dredge each wing in cheese mixture. Lightly press the mixture into it using back side of a wooden spatula and make sure to coat on all sides; repeat the process for remaining wings.
Arrange all the coated chicken wings on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer; bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes until chicken cooks through. Test the doneness of the chicken before removing it from the oven by cutting the thickest part of the chicken with fork tip.
Take the tray out of the oven once done; transfer to a serving platter; garnish with fresh parsley leaves and a tablespoon of grated cheese if you like; serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Notes & Tips:
- Baking time varies according to the thickness of the chicken.
- Other parts of the chicken can be used for this recipe.
- Substitutions: plain bread crumbs for Italian bread crumbs. egg for melted butter.
- Broil the wings for five minutes after baking to get that nice brown color.
- Use a combination of cheese in the bread mixture.